Dr. Seuss For Older Kids
Just in case you weren’t feeling too old today………
The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1994.
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
The CD was introduced a few years before they were born.
They have always had an answering machine.
They have always had cable.
Popcorn has always been microwaved..
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
They don’t know who Mork was or where he was from.
They never heard:
‘Where’s the Beef?‘,
‘I’d walk a mile for a Camel ‘
or ‘de plane Boss, de plane’.
McDonald’s never came in Styrofoam containers.
They don’t have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Notice the larger type?
That’s for those of us who have trouble reading.
Forward this on to the other old fogies on your list!
- Dr. Seuss’ birthday is on Saturday (wjla.com)
- Happy 109th Birthday, Dr. Seuss! (enotes.com)
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! There are not enough thanks in the world for all you gave us. (turtleandrobot.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Seuss: Celebration for ‘The Cat in the Hat’ Author’s Birthday (abcnews.go.com)
- Dr. Seuss Stuff at the NeatoShop (neatorama.com)
- What Dr. Seuss Was Really Thinking (wholesalehalloweencostumes.com)