Tips for A Better Life
Don’t just give it the College Try. Do something better with your life.
“Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.”
1. When you wake up in the morning, always start your day with a prayer.
2. And then, complete the following statement, My purpose is to__________ today.
3. Take a 10 to 30-minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
4. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
5. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
6. Drink plenty of water and fresh juices. Eat blueberries, salad, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, etc.
7. Make at least three people smile each day.
8. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
9. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
10. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good, so cherish life.
11. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone, so give the best of your kindness.
12. Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
13. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
14. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
15. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
16. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. So, be happy.
17. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: In five years, will it matter?
18. Forgive everyone for everything.
19. What other people think of you is none of your business.
20. GOD heals everything if you’re willing to work it out.
21. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
22. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
23. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
24. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
- I am thankful for these 5 things: __________, _____________, _____________, ____________, ____________.
- Today I accomplished_________,
25. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Forward this to everyone you care about.
(EMAIL FORWARD CIRCA 2008)